Industrial Control Devices provides an overview of devices such as switches, actuators, and relays and their industrial applications. The student will learn troubleshooting techniques and the principles of relay and ladder logic. This module also covers solenoids and control valves with an emphasis on practical applications.
- Define inductive arcing and explain how it can be prevented.
- Name three types of mechanical switches.
- Describe the basic operating principle of a control relay.
- Explain the purpose of overload relays.
- Define the term holding contract and its application in control circuits.
- Explain the difference between a control relay and a solenoid.
- List three applications of rotary actuators.
- Name three types of time-delay relays.